Sunday, June 19, 2016

Indonesian - Japanese blends in

Got a full time job now! I’m working at a Japanese company as a real estate consulting for Japanese who lives in Indonesia. Pfft, spoiled brats. Ikr? Such first world country citizens. Anyhoo, anything that keeps me talking in Japanese language and keeps me away from being sad with the fact that I’m now back in Jakarta, I’d do it. Plus the money is not bad, actually. Cant’ complain.

After working there for more than 2 weeks now, I realize that I entered a very unique office. Nothing fancy with being a real estate consultant, don’t get me wrong. I’m talking about the people here: my co workers. If you wanna know how close Indonesia and Japan is, simply walk to my office. You’ll see the result and the future of blending Indonesians and Japanese. You’ll be amazed, at least I do.

First, let’s start with a guy with initial T. It’s a Japanese name. He’s in late 20s, means he was born around 1987 (?). His Dad is an Indonesian and his Mom is a Japanese. When I first saw him, I didn’t realize that he was a ‘half' person, since his face was very ‘Indonesia'. He is tall, got this dark face, big eyes, big nose. So when I heard his name, I took a second look at his face, checking to find any Japanesey trace in his face. But nope, pure Indonesian look. He grew up mostly in Indonesia, so his dialect is pure native Indonesian tongue. But he can speak Japanese well.

And then there’s a girl named H, also a Japanese name. Her Dad is a Japanese and her Mom is a Chinese Indonesian (or maybe reversed between her Mom and Dad, I forgot). I guess she spent enough time in Japan or because she studied in a Japanese school in Jakarta, she speaks perfect Japanese with flawless dialect. At the same time she also speaks good Indonesian language and English. I heard she was studying in Canada for her bachelor degree. Now this, is a case where I think the world’s not fair. Lol. She claims she never dated a Japanese guy and never will.

Move on, there’s a pure Japanese girl named M. She studied Indonesian language in University of Indonesia (equal to Tokyo University?). She speaks pretty good Indonesian language, but need some work on her dialect. Apparently she is dating an Indonesian guy (who studied at the same university with me, only different major, lol). I once heard she called her bf and spoke in Japanese. I asked her and she said yes her bf speaks Japanese too. He studied by himself. Power of love, much? She claims she loves Indonesia because there’s no winter here, which is understandable. She looks like enjoying her time here and even said she doesn’t wanna go back to Japan, yet.

And then we have another pure Japanese girl named A. Also studied Indonesian language in University of Indonesia. Also need a little work with her dialect. She also has an Indonesian boyfriend. She’s like the super ‘Indonesianey' Japanese I ever met. She loves Indonesian food, not having trouble with spicy food like any other Japanese. And she swears like an Indonesian, lol. I sometimes shocked with her collection of Indonesian language swearing words.

And then there’s an Indonesian girl named R. She studied Japanese language in a university in Jakarta. She told me that she’s sort of dating an Indonesian guy who was born in Japan and grew up there until he was 22 years old. ‘Sort of’ because she said their relationship is not that serious, they don’t plan any future together and the guy is now super busy with his new business so he couldn’t make her as his first priority. Yes, typical Japanese guy, just he’s a pure Indonesian. Confusing.

And then there’s me. Dating a Japanese guy who doesn’t speak any Indonesian language (but currently self-studying) and never went to Indonesia before.

Funny world.

No comments:

Post a Comment